Download the docket as PDF file: empty PDF

Hi,
We have problems with download dockets as PDF. A file is downloaded, but it is empty.

Error in goobi.log:

2022-06-28 09:57:49 DEBUG Process:1381 - generate docket for process 46
2022-06-28 09:57:49 ERROR Process:1408 - IOException while exporting run note
java.io.IOException: FOPException occured
        at io.goobi.workflow.xslt.XsltToPdf.startExport(XsltToPdf.java:104) ~[classes/:f7c7afed22]

Caused by: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: .fop (Permission denied)

Do you know where the .fop file is supposed to be saved?

We still get an empty PDF when clicking Download the docket as PDF file.

If we run the plugin “plugin_intranda_step_save_docket_file” we can then print the docket file if we click “Download a PDF file for the entire process” for a process.

I’m sure this is not the correct way to get the slip. :slightly_smiling_face:

As seen in my log above, we get a Permission denied. “java.io.FileNotFoundException: .fop” Does anyone know where that could be?

Hi @mirkh

please look at the /opt/digiverso/goobi/xslt/ folder. If you did not apply any local changes the content should be equal to the following files:

The directory and the files should be owned by tomcat.tomcat. The dir should have 755, the files 644 permission:

user@host /opt/digiverso/goobi $ ll | grep xslt
drwxr-xr-x  2 tomcat tomcat 4.0K Jan 18  2022 xslt/

user@host /opt/digiverso/goobi $ ll xslt/
total 672K
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat tomcat  817 Jan 18  2022 config.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat tomcat 8.2K Jan 18  2022 docket_english.xsl
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat tomcat  69K Mar  4 12:40 docket_metadata.xsl
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat tomcat  11K Jan 18  2022 docket_multipage.xsl
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat tomcat 8.2K Jan 18  2022 docket.xsl
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat tomcat  34K Jan 18  2022 font_OpenSansHebrew-Bold.ttf
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat tomcat  34K Jan 18  2022 font_OpenSansHebrew-Regular.ttf
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat tomcat 213K Jan 18  2022 font_OpenSans-Regular.ttf
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat tomcat 217K Jan 18  2022 font_OpenSans-Semibold.ttf
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat tomcat  31K Jan 18  2022 logo.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat tomcat  18K Jan 18  2022 placeholder.png

Can you please verify this?

Thanks and best wishes from

Jan :slight_smile:

Hi Jan, thanks for your reply.

Yes, the content in our xslt folder (and the folder) is owned by tomcat.tomcat and the exact same files are present. The permissions are correct too.

Kind regards,
Maria

If you look at the catalina.out during generating the docket, is there maybe another stacktrace that you can show us?

You can contact me via PM, too. Maybe we can arrange a call to look into it together :slight_smile:

Hey @mirkh

I looked at the stacktrace and I have no new idea about the problem here. Maybe there are temp directories not writeable? Please check, if the tomcat user is allowed to write to /tmp and/or /opt/digiverso/goobi/tmp. If that is the case I think we need to arrange a call and look at it together…

@robert.sehr do you have any other idea?

Best wishes from

Jan :slight_smile:

Hi @jan,

tomcat can write to /tmp aswell as /opt/digiverso/goobi/tmp

It successfully writes to /opt/digiverso/logs

Kind regards,
Maria

This is now resolved for us. The problem was that the .fop directory could not be created in the user directories.

Also, tomcat needed a .fop directory. But tomcat’s home dir was supposed to be /var/lib/tomcat, but we only had the directory /var/lib/tomcat9 so we needed to create a symlink.

1 „Gefällt mir“