Tomcat Service Configuration

Hi!

I got Workflow installed and working nicely on Ubuntu 18.04, and have been trying to get Viewer installed alongside it by adapting the published instructions for Ubuntu 20.04. The installation process breaks Workflow when I reach here:

SYSTEMD_EDITOR=tee systemctl edit tomcat8 << “EOF”
[Service]
LogsDirectoryMode=755
CacheDirectoryMode=755
ProtectSystem=true
NoNewPrivileges=true
ReadWritePaths=
EOF

Changing the configuration of tomcat in this way causes errors like this when I try to upload images:

Error occured while executing script ‘/opt/digiverso/goobi/scripts/script_createSymLink.sh /opt/digiverso/goobi/metadata/12/images /home/stephen/Manuscript_Project/7__[12] stephen’: sudo: effective uid is not 0, is /usr/bin/sudo on a file system with the ‘nosuid’ option set or an NFS file system without root privileges?
sudo: effective uid is not 0, is /usr/bin/sudo on a file system with the ‘nosuid’ option set or an NFS file system without root privileges?

I’ve fixed it by deleting the last three lines from /etc/systemd/system/tomcat8.service.d/override.conf and restarting tomcat, but wonder what are the security implications, and how you would normally configure tomcat in a Workflow+Viewer system?

Best wishes,
Stephen