Goobi to go: Failed to load image

Hi,

Fairly new Goobi user here, please redirect me if this isn’t the right venue for support.

I’m having issues with a Goobi to go installation, particularly getting images to load. I can upload them, but when they are later referenced in a later workflow step, I’m presented with this error message:

Failed to load image: Error loading image at http://localhost:8888/goobi/api/image/30/master_testImageProcessing_media/IMG_4474.jpeg/info.json
I have looked at the goobi.log, but I didn’t find anything of interest there. I’m a little stumped when it comes to analyzing the error: is it some lacking configuration on my server, or is my project in Goobi to go set up wrong? I am experiencing the same issue when using the projects which came with the installation of Goobi to go. The images are there on the server, but not the info.json as far as I can see.

Does somebody have any pointers to how I can fix this error?

Thanks!

Br,
Ahl

Dear Ahl,

welcome to the community here. :slight_smile:

I did a lot of major changes on the Goobi-to-go environment over the last weeks. I just did not find the time to update the website and point to the new version from there. I will try to create a new up-to-date package and upload it onto a webserver later today and then you can try it again with this one, ok? This way it will be easier to debug what a reason might be as there is then even a lot better logging as well. :slight_smile:

So, stay tuned, I will post here later today again.

All the best,

Steffen

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply. Easier debugging with more logging sounds great :slight_smile: I’ll stay tuned!

Thanks,
Ahl

Quick question: Which operating system are you using currently for your tests? Linux based? Or a desktop environment based on something else?

Steffen

I’ve installed it on an Ubuntu 20.04.1 server which was provisioned for the Goobi to go installation.

1 „Gefällt mir“

ok, give me 5 min and you get a new package here :slight_smile:

Ok, I got it. Here is a brand new Goobi-to-go environment with a Goobi workflow version that is 10 min old. The linux version (incl. a linux jre embedded) is here ready to be downloaded:

http://files.intranda.com/g2g20210113linux

Simply download it, unzip it and start it using the embedded GoobiToGo shell script, ok?

Please give it a try and let me know if that helps. And if you have any issue then please let’s do a screensharing, ok? That will be easier to understand what’s going on.

Best,

Steffen

hmmm, issues with our file server. let me double check

ok, the link works. You can start. Go! :slight_smile:

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for all the work! I’ll give it a try if I can manage it today, or atleast early next week. You’ll hear from me.

Ahl

Good morning, Steffen.

I’ve installed your new version without any big issues. There was one error which complained about a not allowed metadata type when I started Goobi:

272745 ERROR (MarcFileformat.java:698) - ugh.exceptions.MetadataTypeNotAllowedException: Metadata not allowed! MetadataType and DocStructType unknown

But other than that it looks fine. The image not loading error still persists though. Do you have any idea how I can hunt down the bug in the new version?

Edit: I’m starting to think that it is a webserver problem. I’m a reverse proxying Goobi to a public IP, but as you can see from the error message, it is trying to get the images from localhost port 8888. Could this be an issue?

Ahl

Hi Ahl,

from my understanding this has nothing to do with proxying and ports. It should happen when you request an item from a catalogue. It looks like a mapping issue so that one metadata cannot be mapped over and stored for the publication. Sound a little like an error in the ruleset, doesn’t it?

If you want me to take a look, just let me know or send some of your config files over. We will then sort this out quite easy I guess.

Best,

Steffen

Hi Steffen,

Ah ok, I see. It would be great if you had a look at the config files. Which files do you want, and how do you want me to pass them on to you?

Br,
Ahl

I will drop you a mail, so that you can share these files, ok?

Best,

Steffen

Hi,

That’s more than OK!

Ahl