CAS logout for goobi workflow

Hello,
I just finished setting up our goobi installation to use CAS, and it works. :smiley: The logout is not working, though. Is it possible to add configuration for a CAS logout aswell?
Have a nice weekend! / Maria

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi Maria,

really cool that the documentation worked for you! It’s always nice to hear that someone uses your stuff :slight_smile:

CAS single logout is currently not implemented. We thought it would be strange to log out of Goobi and then to be logged out of all services that use CAS. Or am I misunderstanding your question and you want something else? What would you expect to happen when you log out of Goobi? Or would you want an additional button to log out of CAS?

Best wishes,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,
Thanks for replying, I realise my description was not quite useful. I’ll try to write a better one.

When I select logout in Goobi, I first get to the login screen. It directly reloads into the dashboard, and I’m logged in again. “I can’t logout”.

What I expected was for it to look like I’m logged out, and that I can select myself when I want to login again. This, even if my CAS session is still valid, so I won’t have to type my username and password.

So I guess I expected a page where it says I’m logged out, and a link to login.

With that said, I checked some of our other services. The ones using shibboleth do a “real” logout, and I am logged out of all services using shibboleth. The ones using CAS are working more or less as Goobi, or with a “logged out” page inbetween, with a link to login.

And so finally I guess, no change is really needed. :joy:

Thank you for making it possible to add CAS login, it is really useful for us.
/ Maria

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi Maria,

now I understand. Yes, that is kind of unfortunate. We have “You are logged out” page, that is used when openid is configured. I will have a look how to configure this and if this is possible at all without using openid.

Best wishes,
Oliver

Hi Maria,

it was not possible to configure the logout page without using openID. But that is now fixed :slight_smile:

If you use the current develop, you can now configure the following in goobi_config.properties:

showSSOLogoutPage=true

and Goobi will redirect you to a logout page looking like this:

Best wishes
Oliver

2 „Gefällt mir“

Hi Oliver,
That is great! Thank you very much!
/ Maria

Hi Oliver,

I have a new question about the CAS logout. It was not until recently I upgraded so that I could use it.

When I click logout I get to the logged-out-page, which is great!

If I click “Goobi login” again, I will have one more session in Goobi, and so on, if I logout and login.

Is that correct?

Kind regards,
Maria

Hi @mirkh

Can you please tell me which version of Goobi workflow you are using? Anyway, a colleague from me created a ticket recently, that logging out and in again with the same user account creates multiple sessions. This is - of course - an unintended behavior and will be changed in one of the next versions. It has no impact on working with the application though!

All the best from

Jan :slight_smile:

Hi Jan!
Thanks for your reply, yes of course it is not wanted behaviour… :slight_smile:
We have version 22.06.
/ Maria

The issue is fixed and will get merged into the develop branch soon. It will be included in the upcoming 22.08 release. I will update you when the release is available on Github :slight_smile:

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hey Maria, just a short note that you can download the 22.08 release now. Best, Jan :slight_smile: