Adding custom metadata - translations

Yeah, we would have to do some tricks to avoid overwriting. But! I think I found the solution. We only copied messages_en.properties to our local folder. So I tried to also copy in the messages_de.properties to our local folder. After a tomcat restart, the proper english messages showed. When I subsequently removed the messages_de.properties file and restarted tomcat, the english messages disappeared again. In order to check if the bug(?) was dependent upon the number of messages_*.properties files present in the local folder, I tried to run it with only messages_en.properties and messages_ar.properties but this didn’t work. So my conclusion is that the messages_de.properties file must be present in the local config folder.

2 Likes

Good catch!

If you use the reference theme, the German locale is configured as default locale, see:

Anyway, my colleague @oliver.paetzel suggested yesterday or the day before yesterday, that the Goobi viewer should check automatically during startup if all local message files exist and if not create empty ones. I added an internal ticket for this and we will implement that soon. This will fix the problem you had for others in the future, too! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool, great that you will implement a fix!

And thanks to everyone for all the help we received here here :slight_smile:

Ahl

2 Likes

@ahl.nilsen, FYI:

It was implemented the day before yesterday and it will be included in the next release so we won’t see this behavior in the future again :relaxed:

1 Like

Good work, thanks :slight_smile: